Thursday, February 2, 2012

So I am your not so typical college girl.  I am 19 years old from a smaller town than most people know.  I really am from that town that a traffic jam in considered 3 cars behind a tractor.  I played every sport you can think of and miss them all dearly.  But there are two things that i will never have to give up.  The first is running, and the second is rodeo.  Yes, you heard right i love to run.

I was that girl in high school who decided i think i want to run a marathon.  (Ok most high schools don't have that girl, but you can pretend.)  I was 15 years old and everyone around me seemed to be training for something.  Ok maybe not everyone, but my gymnastics coach was training for one with my volleyball coach (yes i did mention it was a small town.)  My sister had the brilliant idea of doing a half.  So i started training right after volleyball season.  My coach was like Jillian Michaels on the biggest loser, but on steroids.  Lets just say I wanted to be in shape for the next year so i decided ill run a half with my sister.  Well a few months later, i completed my first marathon.  My sister her first half, and since then i have not had quite the same desire to do another.  For me, i think it was more of the title.  I have since come to the conclusion that what you do in high once your out of high school does not matter anymore, and if i wanted to call myself a marathoner i have to have done a few.  It also does not hurt that running this much allows me to eat whatever i want and still look like i watch my food consumption.

Now I am 19 years old and finally getting myself back into that same shape of running a marathon.  Best advice i can give someone. Don't stop running after you've completed your goal just make another.  So here i go training for the Chicago marathon.  I started running last week and between nursing school and midterms i havn't done a ton, but i have a solid start.  My starting runs 5 miles at 11 minute pace. (I better be below 10 minutes before marathon day.)  Since this is my first blog, I'm going to say today was my first run and i ran 2 miles at 11 minute pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment