Saturday, February 4, 2012

Running through bugs in Arizona???

First long run of the training program.  Ok i am too cheap to pay for training programs so i look up examples of ones and make my own that fit into my schedule.  I am also a college student and don't have a set schedule ever, so my main focus is the long runs.  As i mentioned today was my first, and my hammy's are feeling it.  i had planned on running in the evening so it would be cooler and i could get some homework in.  What was i thinking i'd rather run then do homework so in my own way of procrastinating i ran instead.  However this put my run in pheonix arizona an noon, not my brightest idea.  Can you say hot!!!  Well since I am sure you are wondering, my "long run" isn't really a long run it was only 5 miles, but it sure felt longer than that.  Curious does my nike plus GPS work right??  Actually that is a serious question because i ran at it told me i was at 2.5 miles and i kept running in the same direction for another at least quarter to half a mile and then turned around and i still finished my five miles at the exact same place i started.  Should i have finished at least half a mile early???  Definitely not correct, but it was so hott i didn't know if i was delirious from dehydration, plus i would rather run too much than not enough and realize on race day.  So let me explain the title of this blog.  I was running along great about a mile and a half in and a bug fly's into my eye.  Well, me being my typical don't stop till your finished attitude i just kept running and rubbing my eye to get it out.  (my nose was also running and there was a lot of staring going on.)  No people i was not crying.  It finally stopped hurting so i assumed i got it out.  It was a little irritated but i figured that was normal.  I finally finish my run, treat myself to cafe rio - best restaurant ever!!  A little contradicting to the exercise but oh well.  Eventually i come home a good hour after my run finished and realize my eye is still irritated so i look in the mirror and low and behold the bug is still in my eye.  It was deep on the side so it took some effort to get it out, but almost immediately my eye felt better.  Note to self wear sun glasses on runs around lakes.  All in all 7 miles complete for week 1.  Lets hope week 2 has more miles in it.  I am not promising much since next week is pretty busy. Silly teachers don't they know i have better things to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment