Wednesday, February 15, 2012

No more taco bell for me!

So i love to read about celebs running.  Maybe it makes them feel more real or maybe that me running is somehow cool.  I don't know.  I had heard about Alison Sweeney doing a 10k a little while ago so I decided to look up her time.  6.2 miles in 53 minutes and 23 seconds.  Thats like an 8:30 - 8:40 pace.  I was so upset by this.  I have watched her on the biggest loser for forever, and always thought i am in better shape than her.  As long as i can outrun the host on the biggest loser then i am good.  Man did I just got told.  I guess that means its time for diet, and extreme training.  Since my marathon is not till October and it shouldn't take me that long to train i am going to spend some extra time trying to get my speed up.

Now that i just explained my embarrassment i went for a run today.  However, I didn't really work on my speed.  I made sure i wasn't going to slow but nothing too crazy.  Therefore I ran a 5k at a 10:26 pace.  I have a long way to go.  My goal is to beat my run time each time.  So saturday my goal for this weekend of 7 miles is to beat my six mile pace of 11:50.  Yes, I am embarrassed to say my pace was almost 12 minutes a mile.  I know long runs are supposed to be really slow even 1 to 2 minutes slower than your shorter runs, and so i didn't even think about my pace and often forget that I'm running on longer runs, so my pace definitely suffers.  I just need to get back to my normal 9 minute pace.  So basically i have to run everyday that I can, eat extremely healthy, and push myself.  

On a more positive note, i have not drank a soda or sports drink since saturday, that is four days.  Go me!  Ok that really is not a big deal, and not even a big deal to me, its just a conscious effort that I have to make happen, now more than ever!  Also My Nike GPS hit 101 miles today.  I hardly used the nike plus before now because I had to use the sensor which i was always worried about falling off, so on long runs it was just too stressful and short runs i always felt that there was no need for it because i pretty well knew how far everything was and basically stuck to the same route. Since i have started January 14 i have ran 29.89 miles.  So basically my running has stunk, i have ran a little more than a marathon in an entire month.  Dang school is getting in my way.

So this was not the most positive post, but now i just have more drive.

Saturdays goal 7 miles in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Marathon goal under 4:20.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, you are awesome. I don't think I've run 29.89 miles in my entire life!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete