Thursday, July 26, 2012

Prayer to be my humble solace

In my profession its inevitable that death is ever apart of it. I've only witnessed the actual passing from this world to the next of one person. However, I did not know that person or have any affiliation with the family. It was also an adrenaline rush where we were trying to save him/her but to watch someone who is out of it and their respirations are heavy and labored and knowing all you can do is wait. Tonight I am witnessing the death of a good family friend. Someone, my grandparents love deeply and what makes this worse is she is my patient and I can't do a thing about it. I don't even think that this would be affecting me the way it is, but under the circumstances it's falling a little to close to home. I've never had to comprehend the way a parent feels when they lose a child or the child is very sick, and I hope I never have to. I've heard my mom talk about losing her babies and could feel the pain it gave her, but still it was in the past. Of course I understand that pain never fully goes away but it is definitely different. As I wait each day to hear the news a somber joy when things get better, or a cracked voice like today when things took a turn for the worst. Prayer to be my humble solace as I pray for one to pass with ease and yet another to live.

1 comment: